Moore's Mind

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Software Development Manager

You'd think that being a software development manager, I'd have my sleeves rolled up every day churning out code. Actually, its the opposite. Once you become a "manager", you do very little coding. Instead, my job is to plan and think ahead to eliminate as many obstacles and risks to the people who do the real coding. My job is to make sure the development "process" is followed to increase the odds that we deliver what the customer wants with a minimum number of deficiencies as possible (oh! and on schedule and on budget). Its an interesting balancing act.

I've been on vacation this week. With two young children in daycare/pre-school/kindergarten, the bills are high so we don't have much money left to go anywhere. Besides, it was a chance to get a break from work and kids. It has been a excellent opportunity to do some coding...

6 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hello Ad.. I was looking for some information on software downloads and came across your site. Not really what I was after but I found it very interesting. I was looking for software downloads related information. Glad I found your site even though it was not exactly what I was after. Keep up the good posting - thanks

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hi there Ad.. I am looking for recent information on dvd software and found your site. It makes an interesting read. I see that I found it when looking for dvd software related information and I'm glad I stopped by and had a read - thanks for taking the time to put the info together - great post = have a nice day.

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hi Ad.. I was looking for some info on discount software and came across your site. Although Software Development Manager was not what I was after exactly, it certainly got my interest. I see now that I found your page when I was looking for discount software related information. Even though it was not a perfect match I'm glad I stopped by. Good post - have a good day.

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hi Ad.. I was looking for some info on computing software and came across your site. Although Software Development Manager was not what I was after exactly, it certainly got my interest. I see now that I found your page when I was looking for computing software related information. Even though it was not a perfect match I'm glad I stopped by. Good post - have a good day.

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hi Ad.. I've been looking for downloadable software information and came across your site. I was really after downloadable software related info but I came across your site and found it a good posting even though Software Development Manager was'nt exactly what I was after. Thanks for the read

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Hi there Ad.. I am looking for recent information on educational software and found your site. It makes an interesting read. I see that I found it when looking for educational software related information and I'm glad I stopped by and had a read - thanks for taking the time to put the info together - great post = have a nice day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home