Moore's Mind

Monday, February 27, 2006

Just installed the February CTP of Vista, when I call PeerCollabSignin to sign-in, a PEER_E_PRIVACY_DECLINED error is returned. There is no documentation on this error code.

I'm guessing, its because I haven't visited Control Panel, People Near Me and agreed to the privacy statement.

When I run the Windows Collaboration application, it appears to launch a COM surrogate process that pops up the "Set up People Near Me" window and gets me to set my display name and agree to the privacy statement.

In my opinion, this same behavior should be built-in to the PeerCollabSignin method when the sign-in flags are either NEARME or ALL.

Comments are welcome.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tripp Parks said…

    It should have poped up the same dialog and opened the firewall ports for you. Did you decline the privacy statement?

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Tripp Parks said…

    also, feel free to email me tparks@youknowhwere ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home