Moore's Mind

Sunday, April 16, 2006

PEER_EVENT_PEOPLE_NEAR_ME_CHANGED

So in my first article about the new peer-to-peer collaboration features in Windows Vista, I came across something interesting.

After registering for events, I successfully get notifications when a user account on the subnet signs into People Near Me.

I noticed that when the screen saver kicks in, collaboration applications receieve a DELETED event. I suppose this makes sense, since the screen saver is set to force the user to re-login.

I also noticed that when remote user accounts that are signed-in, log out, there is no DELETED event. I think this might be a bug. I'm only testing with multiple virtual machines on one computer, but the behavior is inconsistent with what I'd expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home